We take pictures to create memories, where photo collage helps us assemble memories in one place. Cut Out Image enables you to make the best photo collage of your friends, family, or yourself. However, do you know How To Cut Out An Image In Photoshop?
If you don’t know and are looking for an idea, this is the right blog for you to keep reading and exploring the idea. I will teach you several methods of cutting out images in photoshop. Hang on to know!
What is Cut Out Image?
Cut out Image is a photo that has been cut out from its solid background and shifted into a cleaned, white or solid color background purposefully.
Cutout images are a common element in the graphic world for Image Post Production Services. The cutout image may contain one or more items of a picture. Since it holds only the required object, it takes a smaller space than the whole Image.
How To Cut Out An Image In Photoshop
Have you ever cut an image from magazines to add to your collage album or diary? If yes, you did it with the paper form using scissors. Cutting out an image in photoshop is similar to that, but the difference is in the state. It is in digital format where you have to use software like Photoshop.
Photoshop is a blessing for digital photography. It offers numerous tools and techniques to cut out an image. So, let’s learn step by step How To Cut Out An Image In Photoshop:
Method-1: Quick Selection Tool
The quick selection is a fantastic tool of Photoshop to separate an object from the background to bring any changes to the subject. It automatically finds the edges and selects the object.
Let’s know step by step how How To Cut Out An Image In Photoshop using the Quick selection tool:
- Start Photoshop and open the photo you want to cut out.
- Go to the left side Toolbar panel. Click on the Quick Selection Tool that looks like a brush with an ant moving circle. Pick the Quick Selection tool from the options.
- Adjust the brush to select the object appropriately.
- After adjusting the brush size, click and drag it around the subject. It will find and select the edges automatically.
- Zoom in the photo and check if the subject is appropriately selected. If you need any adjustment, go to the upper option bar and choose any add or subtract modes. Then click and drag the area that needs modification.
- To remove the background, press Ctrl+I to invert the subject and Ctrl+backspace to remove the background.
- If you want to preserve the background and cut out the object, press Ctrl+backspace.
- Press Ctrl+D to deselect the outline and save the photo.
Method-2: Select and Mask
By applying the Image Masking Service, you can cut out the most suitable Image for furry subjects. Let’s know how you can use the select and mask option to cut out the Image:
- As before, pick the photo and duplicate the layer.
- Select any layer and go to the quick selection tool from the left side panel bar.
- You can select the subject freehand or automatically. To fix it automatically, click the ‘Select Subject’ option on the above option bar.
- Click on the ‘select and mask’ option from the above bar, which will create a mask and show you an options panel where you can adjust the image opacity and background. Create a group, apply the mask and invert the selection.
- Go to the adjustment tab below the section and select the solid color option.
- Pick a color as the background and click ok.
- Your photo is cut out. Please save it to your device.
Method-3: The Pen Tool
Using the clipping path service with a pen tool, you can create a significant outcome of the cutout image. Let’s know the step below:
- Open the photo and duplicate it as before.
- Go to the left bar and take the Pen tool.
- Now start outlining the subject. Click and release the mouse to trace it. For a perfect output, zoom on.
- After outlining with clipping paths, go to the path panel. If you can’t find it, go to the window and select the path. Right-click on the path and select ‘Make Selection’ from the appeared option that will make a selection to your outline subject.
- Return to the Layer tab and make a group by clicking on the folder icon below.
- Once you have grouped it, apply the mask by clicking on the Add mask icon (A rectangular with a circle) located at the below portion. It will mask the subject.
- Invert the selection if you want to extract the background. If you notice, you will see that after inverting, the subject turned black with the background turned white.
- Go to the Adjustment icon (Half black and half white circle) and select the solid color option.
- From the appeared color swatch, select the color you want as background and click OK.
- You can now see the new layer with the cutout Image in solid color background.
- Save the file according to your preferred format.
Method-4: Using Color Range
Using the color range, you also can cut out the photo as below:
- Open the photo in photoshop.
- Go to the ‘Select’ command and select the ‘Color Range’ option.
- A pop-up will appear. Adjust the Fuzziness to outline the subject. It will outline the visible white part of the preview.
- Now the subject is outlined. If the subject is not selected correctly, you can adjust it.
- Now group the selection and add a mask.
- Invert the selection to adjust the background color.
- From the adjust icon below, select the solid color option.
- Pick a solid color from the appeared color swatch.
- Click ok and save the file.
Why Are Cut-Out Images Important?
Cutout images are part of photos extracted from any photo for various purposes. Here are some reasons why cutout images are essential:
- Easy To Fix: A cutout image is preferred for journals and magazines since it is suitable for fixing any topic. Therefore, the book and magazine show that maximum photos have a solid color background without any destructive background.
- Professional Look: Websites and blogs need stunning professional photos where the subject must be enhanced. Therefore, the companies take the cutout image service to shift the enhanced subject into an appropriate background that adds a professional look to the issue.
- Eye-catchy And Detailed: Online customers focus on the product photos before making buying decisions. Hence, they prefer eye-catchy detailed pictures. For that, online business holders shift the cutout images into the appropriate background to make them eye-catching and meet the market platform’s guidelines related to the background.
- Flexibility: Since you can cut the subject and shift to any color background, you can capture your photos in any background and apply the cutout image process.
Cutting out images is a straightforward process. You already have learned How To Cut Out An Image In Photoshop from reading the blog, where I have discussed multiple methods. Follow any of them and apply them to your photo. Let us know in the comment section if you have enjoyed reading the blog, and also tell us how easy you have found it!